Whilst Karon Beach is growing in popularity, mainstream or chain restaurants have yet to discover it, and that is not bad news for those who enjoy local dining. Certainly, Karon Beach doesn’t lack for choice of establishments, big or small. Food is celebrated in Phuket and sampling local cuisine from a noodle stand on the side of the road or sitting down to a candlelit meal can happen at almost any time of the day or night.
From sand between your toes and a sandwich off a cart to fine dining with a list of wines and air-conditioning, it can be found on Karon Beach in Phuket. If you fancy something fast and greasy with the stamp of a clown on it, you may be disappointed. The variety of both Eastern and Western dishes more than makes up for the lack of some french fries dipped in hot oil, however, and seafood lovers will rejoice at the excellent flavours and prices that can be found here. In fact, the joy of food and large variety of offerings is one of the draws to this island, especially where seafood is concerned. Freshness of ingredients is a point of pride amongst the Thai people and Phuket is no exception.
Almost anything can be prepared in the Thai fashion, but the visitor has a choice there too if Thai is a bit too spicy for the palate. Japanese sushi, Italian pasta, Indian curries, or a good steak can all be enjoyed with incredible views and on a variety of budgets.
- Angus O’Tool’s International Menu, 516/20 Parak Road, Soi Islandia, Karon Beach
- Karon Cafe Steak N Ribs, 526/17 Patak Road, Karon Beach
- Las Margaritas Mexican Tropical Cuisine, 528/7 Patak Road, Karon Beach
- The Dining Room @ Pacific Club Resort, 16 Patak Road, Karon Beach
- Harry’s Restaurant & Pub, 15/5 Luangpohchuan Road, Karon Beach
- Sawasdee Thai cuisine 38 Katekwan Rd, Karon Beach
- The Cliff Restaurant, Karon Beach
- Mare Italian Restaurant, Karon Beach
- Horn Grill, Kata Beach
- Mom Tri’s Kitchen, Kata Noi
- @Beach, Kata Beach
- Papa Steak & Pizza, Rattana Beach Hotel, Karon Beach
- On the Beach, Karon Beach
- Secret Cliff, Karon Beach
- Two Chefs, Kata Beach
- Two Chefs, Karon Beach
- Fisherman’s Wharf, Kata Noi Beach
- Baluchi, Karon Beach